Running Engaging + Effective Meetings
“People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything.” Thomas Sowell
Whilst many meetings are held out of habit rather than necessity, and are often perceived negatively by attendees, this does not have to be the case. This training will examine ways in which meetings can be managed to ensure engagement, purpose and lead to consensus and action.
Understand the need for maximum clarity in meeting purpose and objectives
Examine factors to plan before a meetings takes place:
- Selecting attendees
- Preparing background notes and resources
- Considering ways to mitigate for likely problems that may arise
- Formulating and distributing required meeting documentation, including agenda
Identify areas to focus on during a meeting:
- Ways to engage participants
- Managing the agenda and keeping to schedule
- Summarising agreed actions along with identifying people responsible and timeframes
Understand the need for post-meeting tasks:
- Distribute meeting minutes
- Implement a system for following up on action points
- Consider developing a feedback system
Finally, participants will review and reflect upon their existing meeting procedures and systems in order to re-calibrate practice.
By the end of the course
- Understand the need for absolute clarity of purpose and objectives for all meetings;
- Have a better understanding of factors to plan and put into action, before, during and after meetings;
- Have examined ways to engage all meeting participants and gain consensus;
- Be better equipped to follow up in meaningful ways after meetings to ensure agreed actions take place.
Who will benefit from this training?
New and existing leaders at all levels (executive, senior, middle and aspiring).
This training can be delivered face-to-face or live online via Zoom. A variety of training resources will be used to engage and challenge participants and they will be given example templates.
Duration: 3 hours (can be 2 x 1.5 hours if live online)
Please click here to contact us to find out more.