Presentation Skills for Leaders
20% of people would rather visit the dentist than sit through a presentation.
Presentations can be a key opportunity for a leader to demonstrate credibility and build influence.
On this course participants will:
- Examine the advantages and limitations of different methods of presenting
- Develop understanding of the need for knowledge of audience and their expectations
- Explore the need for a contingency plan
- Develop awareness and practise physical attributes (voice projection, stance, eye contact, body language)
- Analyse issues relating to clarity in language
- Explore techniques to ensure timeframes are adhered to
- Use templates to assist with planning a presentation
- Explore creative ways of engaging the audience
- Examine strategies for dealing with a range of audience questions
- Look at ways of gaining and acting upon feedback
By the end of the course participants will:
- Understand the principles relating to effective delivery of presentations, so that audience expectations are met
- Be better able to employ a wider range of engaging presentation strategies
- Be able to implement effective feedback systems
Who will benefit from this training?
New and existing leaders at all levels (executive, senior, middle and aspiring).
This training can be delivered face-to-face or live online via Zoom. A variety of training resources will be used to engage and challenge participants.
Duration: 3 hours (can be 2 x 1.5 hours if live online)
Please contact us for further information as to how we can deliver training at your school.