Key Communication Skills for Leaders
“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.” George Bernard Shaw
Participants on the course will:
- Develop knowledge of principles of lines of communication and school structure
- Understand various communication channels
- Evaluate strengths and weaknesses of different methods of communication, according to timescale, needs of audience and topic
- Develop understanding of typical barriers to communication in schools, and how to overcome them
- Receive strategies to deliver effective feedback
- Examine creative ways to engage others
- Take steps to review existing communication channels and methods
By the end of the course participants will:
- Be better able to clarify and explain the lines and methods of communication within the school
- Be better able to select and use appropriate methods of communication according to context
- Be more aware of the importance of feedback within all communication systems
Who will benefit from this training?
Leaders at all levels (executive, senior, middle and aspiring).
Format of training:
This training can be delivered face-to-face or live online via Zoom. A variety of training resources (case studies, video etc) will be used to engage and challenge participants.
Duration: 3 hours (can be 2 x 1.5 hours if live online)
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.